Being on staff at YMCA Camp Ocoee is sacred because we have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the lives of hundreds of children who visit us. Not only that, but we get to spend most of the time outdoors in the beauty of southeastern Tennessee developing lasting friendships, learning important life skills, and getting to play and have fun.
Along with the particular expectations illustrated on individual job descriptions, we expect all YMCA Camp Ocoee staff to adhere to certain things, such as the following:
- To be model servants for our campers and guests; their overall experience and needs must come before our own
- To model Christian principles and values in EVERYTHING we do, even in front of each other when no campers or guests are around
- To follow the leadership and direction of camp administrators
- To adhere to the camp rules and guidelines at all times
- To put 100% of our effort into doing our jobs
- To be honest and respectful with one another even if there is a grievance or misunderstanding (Matthew 18:15-16)
- To be consistent in working with our campers and guests every day, every week
- To work as one unit—a team of many for one purpose
- To commit to and actively illustrate the camp’s vision and purpose
- To have fun and grow!
Christian Values & Emphasis
YMCA Camp Ocoee’s mission follows the YMCA movement’s mission in putting Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Campers of all faiths and cultural backgrounds attend camp. To meet the goals of our mission, Camp Ocoee has a unique and important tradition of emphasizing the Christian aspect of a camper’s experience. Campers are engaged in daily, Biblical-based devotions. With that said, YMCA Camp Ocoee is not a church-affiliated camp; therefore, we do not engage in matters of Christian doctrine or philosophy.
“I’m Third” – Camp Slogan
(Philippians 2:3-8, Galatians 6:2, Luke 9:57-62, James 4:1-3, John 13:2-17)
I’m Third is a slogan treasured at YMCA Camp Ocoee. It means to put our focus on God 1st, others 2nd, and ourselves 3rd. By doing this, we devote ourselves to lifting up others and therefore spreading the love of Jesus with everyone around us. This type of hospitality and humility is vital in our camp culture.
Camp Ocoee offers a wide variety of employment opportunities: View positions
ONLINE APPLICATION - 2021 Staff Application is Open!
After reviewing our Staff Expectations, Christian Philosophies, and available staff positions, please use the following link to apply for YMCA Camp Ocoee. Make sure to choose "Ocoee, TN" as your location: APPLY HERE
By submitting your application for employment you are committing to our "Camper First" philosophy. The campers' physical and emotional needs always come before everything else while you are on duty at camp and away from camp on time off.
Staff Dates 2021: May 31, 2021 - July 31, 2021
Staff Training- May 31- June 4, 2021 (All staff required to attend)
Lifeguard & Ropes Training: May 24-28, 2021
Attention Parents: Please do not contact us on behalf of your son or daughter. We are looking for responsible applicants who can take the initiative to apply for their own job.