We have reviewed the new guidelines and created procedures for a safe operation this summer. Our first priority is the safety of our campers and staff. We have made a number of adjustments to our traditional program for Summer 2020 to meet the safety guidelines from the CDC, ACA, YMCA and the State of Tennessee. Although some aspects of camp will look and operate somewhat different, we assure you the mission of camp, experiences, and memories made at camp have not changed.
New Safety Protocols:
- Temperature checks at camper check in on Sunday and daily at lunch.
- Only 1 parent will be allowed to enter the cabin with their camper on check in day.
- Hand Sanitizer will be used upon entering and exiting the Dining Hall, Games Room (Mud Room) and Health Center.
- Campers and Staff will wash their hands upon entering and exiting their cabins.
- Bunk beds will be labeled Head/Foot for alternating sleeping.
- Public areas of camp will be deep cleaned and sanitized 3 times daily
- Hand Sanitizer and/or hand washing will occur at the beginning and end of each activity session.
- Program equipment will be wiped down between users
- Each cabin will have only 8 campers and 2 staff for a total of 10 individuals.
- Cabin groups will travel as a group to all camp activities and sit as a group at 2 tables when in the dining room.
- Deep cleaning of cabins will occur between each session including mattresses, bathrooms, and all contact surfaces
- Meals will be served cafeteria style by kitchen staff.
Summer 2020 Modifications:
- We will run Younger Camp and Older Camp on separate schedules. Summer 2020 Camper Schedule
- Younger Camp will be: Girls Cabins- McCarty, 3 Sisters, Myers and Sequoya. Boys Cabins: Hudson, Wright and Osborne.
- Older Camp will be: Girls Cabins- Cherokee, Chickasaw and Apache. Boys Cabins: Probasco, Ellis and Park
- Our schedule has been adjusted to reduce the number of people eating at meals to half of camp at each meal. We will run Younger Camp and Older Camp on separate meal schedules.
- The two camps will also participate in separate evening programs so we can maintain physical distancing and reduce the number of people each person has contact with daily.
- Morning skill areas will be scheduled so that the cabin groups rotate through the most popular activities. Banana boat rides will be one of these scheduled morning activities.
- All cabin groups will have a cookout evening during their session. This is to ensure our campers and staff have access to hand washing facilities. We also want to eliminate any challenges associated with sleeping in a tent and maintaining physical distancing. This will replace camp out for the summer of 2020.
- We have also made adjustments to our elective programs that are offered for Summer 2020. The CDC guidance recommends that we do not take trips off camp during the week. Staying within the camp property means we are limiting the amount of off-site exposure of staff and campers.
- Due to this we are canceling Horseback Riding, Ocoee Rafting and Hiwassee Rafting.
- We will continue to offer Water skiing and Paintball.
- With the reduced number of campers we are able to serve this summer, campers are limited to one week of camp.
Please share this information with your camper(s) so they will know what to expect at camp this summer.
Balance Due Date-
- Due to the current situation we are extending the balance due date to May 29, 2020.
- Parents can call our office anytime to make a payment on their account.
- We understand many parents work situation has changed since registering for camp. Please call our office at 423-338-5588 and we will be happy to set up an automatic payment plan that will work for your family to ensure your children are able to attend camp this summer.
Our office is open Monday-Friday with limited staff. Please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
New Refund Policy for Summer 2020 Camp Sessions
Because we know that this is a challenging time for families, we will be providing several different options regarding refunds of paid camp fees to families. We hope one of the below options works for you.
1. Donate all or a portion of your paid fees: Making a gift of some or all of the funds you have already paid is a generous way to ensure that YMCA Camp Ocoee remains strong. Your gift preserves our mission to serve all. Gifts are tax deductible.
2. Hold as Credit: We can hold your payment and credit the amount toward your 2021 summer camp session(s). This credit can also be used for any YMCA of Metropolitan Chattanooga program.
3. Refund: Refund all fees paid. These will be refunded to the card used for any payments. If this card is no longer available in our system, then a check will be mailed within 3 weeks of processing.
4. A combination of the above- Donation, refund, transfer and/or deposit for 2021.
Please let us know which of these options works best for your family by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the Parent Name, Parent Phone Number, and the name of your campers that you would like for us to cancel in the email.
All changes and cancellations must be made in writing either by fax, mail, or email email@example.com.