Thanks to the efforts of our amazing staff, we did not have any cases of COVID-19 through our 7 weeks of overnight camp in 2020. We will continue to monitor the situation with the virus and make adjustments to our Summer 2021 program as needed to keep our campers and staff safe. The health and safety of our guests, campers and staff is our greatest concern. We are limiting enrollment for summer 2021 to 80% of our capacity. We will communicate any changes to our program through email and this page of our web site. We will be evaluate the situation with the virus and communicate our plan mid to late April.
We are strongly encouraging all staff to receive the COVID-19 vaccination prior to summer.
These are some of the safety protocols that we had in place for Summer 2020 to keep everyone safe.
- Temperature checks at check in on Sunday and daily at lunch.
- Only 1 parent will be allowed to enter the cabin with their camper on check in day.
- Hand Sanitizer will be used upon entering and exiting the Dining Hall, Games Room (Mud Room) and Health Center.
- Campers and Staff will wash their hands upon entering and exiting their cabins.
- Bunk beds will be labeled Head/Foot for alternating sleeping.
- Public areas of camp will be deep cleaned and sanitized 3 times daily
- Hand Sanitizer and/or hand washing will occur at the beginning and end of each activity session.
- Program equipment will be wiped down between users
- Each cabin will have only 8 campers and 2 staff for a total of 10 individuals.
- Cabin groups will travel as a group to all camp activities and sit as a group at 2 tables when in the dining room.
- Deep cleaning of cabins will occur between each session including mattresses, bathrooms, and all contact surfaces
- Meals will be served cafeteria style by kitchen staff.
- We ran Younger Camp and Older Camp on separate schedules. Summer 2020 Camper Schedule
- Younger Camp will be: Girls Cabins- McCarty, 3 Sisters, Myers and Sequoya. Boys Cabins: Hudson, Wright and Osborne.
- Older Camp will be: Girls Cabins- Cherokee, Chickasaw and Apache. Boys Cabins: Probasco, Ellis and Park
- Our schedule has been adjusted to reduce the number of people eating at meals to half of camp at each meal. We will run Younger Camp and Older Camp on separate meal schedules.
- The two camps will also participate in separate evening programs so we can maintain physical distancing and reduce the number of people each person has contact with daily.
- Morning skill areas will be scheduled so that the cabin groups rotate through the most popular activities. Banana boat rides will be one of these scheduled morning activities.
- All cabin groups will have a cookout evening during their session. This is to ensure our campers and staff have access to hand washing facilities. We also want to eliminate any challenges associated with sleeping in a tent and maintaining physical distancing. This will replace camp out for the summer of 2020.
- We have also made adjustments to our elective programs that are offered for Summer 2020. The CDC guidance recommends that we do not take trips off camp during the week. Staying within the camp property means we are limiting the amount of off-site exposure of staff and campers.
- Due to this we are canceling Horseback Riding, Ocoee Rafting and Hiwassee Rafting.
- We will continue to offer Water skiing and Paintball.
- With the reduced number of campers we are able to serve this summer, campers are limited to one week of camp.